504 Error When Trying to Access Tab 2.2 in WPSolr Admin

• cbarwin
    Participant
    2 years, 4 months ago #28474

I’m getting a 504 Error when I’m trying to access Tab 2.2 in the WPSolr admin area of my WordPress website.
    This is the Define Your Search > Data screen.
    I have hundreds of thousands of products with lots of metadata. Could this be why this issue is occurring?

Thanks.

wpsolr
    Keymaster
    2 years, 4 months ago #28475

Probably.
    This page is gathering all custom fields with a group by from the wp_postmeta.
    If this table is huge, the SQL query can overwhelm the SQL server resources.

cbarwin
    Participant
    2 years, 4 months ago #28477

Do you have any suggestions for how I might go about accessing the page? In theory, what would allow me to access it? More server resources? Do you think it’s timing out in AWS, or something with my server environment? Anything I could do to manually write the options into the database?

Thanks for any direction you could give me.

wpsolr
    Keymaster
    2 years, 4 months ago #28478

Increasing the timeout session time on your Web server/Load balancer could solve the 504 error.

https://docs.aws.amazon.com/elasticloadbalancing/latest/classic/ts-elb-error-message.html

tientq
    Participant
    1 year, 11 months ago #29666

find class-wpsolr-model-meta-type-post.php and add query limit to 50

cbarwin
    Participant
    4 months ago #38272

I am still getting this error on Define your search tab.
    Also, I need to add a filter in result set based on logged-In user-meta which has comma separated custom taxonomy terms.
    This article https://www.wpsolr.com/forums/topic/filter-the-search-results-by-taxonomy/ is exactly what I need but other way around. I want to exclude items belong to given list of Taxonomy terms.

wpsolr
    Keymaster
    4 months ago #38273

I am still getting this error on Define your search tab.

Nothing new on this subject. There is a timeout due to collecting distinct custom fields on postmetas table.
    You can try to increase timouts like PHP timeout, or web server timeout.

I also remember that a customer solved this issue by using Firefox instead of chrome (do not ask me why).

For the other question, please create a new topic.

cbarwin
    Participant
    4 months ago #38274

Don’t worry I am not asking you why but I have checked in both Chrome and Firefox, it didn’t worked for me. I will ask hosting guys to look into it.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.