Forum Replies Created

  • todd-crowder
    Participant
    1 year, 8 months ago in reply to: Show only product variations in category display #53108

    Looking for experienced developers to hire to help us with this.

    todd-crowder
    Participant

    No, alphanumerics and _ and – only. we do have about 150 meta keys on product_variation but they all look good. I can put a breakpoint and look at the code, I just thought it was a configuration issue but doesn’t sound like it is.

    todd-crowder
    Participant

    257 records, all post types have multiple meta keys and none are blank.

    todd-crowder
    Participant
    2 years, 1 month ago in reply to: Config override for local dev #45867

    yes, or a json file that let’s us override whatever is needed, but connection information is probably enough for everyone.

    if we’re on a dev domain, look for an override file and load over saved settings.

    Or, we could export all settings, change what’s needed, and the whole config file is loaded each time instead of plugin settings, or auto-loads if changed? it’s dev, so that would be ok.

    thanks for considering

    todd-crowder
    Participant
    2 years, 1 month ago in reply to: Config override for local dev #45864

    in wp-config.php. I can set production to it’s values and on dev to different values (same as changing db settings that way).

    or in my case I’m using dot-env with Bedrock https://roots.io/bedrock/, and I have a .env that has all my local settings.

    todd-crowder
    Participant
    2 years, 1 month ago in reply to: Config override for local dev #45862

    Yes, here’s how Redis cache does it:
    https://github.com/rhubarbgroup/redis-cache/#configuration
    WP_REDIS_HOST 127.0.0.1 The hostname of the Redis server
    WP_REDIS_PORT 6379 The port of the Redis server
    etc.
    It’s really good because I can set those in my local dev and keep the production settings in the plugin configuration itself. My local settings override the plugins. Works great for automated testing too.
    thanks

    todd-crowder
    Participant
    2 years, 1 month ago in reply to: Config override for local dev #45860

    When you setup an elasticsearch index in wpsolr, you give the hostname of the elasticsearch instance to talk to. That’s the setting that would be good to allow us to override with a config setting.

    Then when I run my automated testing, I spin up a docker instance with elasticsearch, which in DDEV is ‘elasticsearch’, but could be anything. So I need to change that when I grab the production database. All our other enterprise plugins allow us to use config settings to override the hostname, port of services. So this would be really helpful.

    todd-crowder
    Participant
    2 years, 1 month ago in reply to: Config override for local dev #45858

    Yes, but that’s a manual process. I might as well manually change it in the UI. It’s just the one setting.

    This also makes it hard to do automated testing if we can’t automatically set the host setting in a config file to override production settings. For example, Redis plugins allow you to set config settings that override the default set in the plugin for development and automated testing.

    Please consider making at least host a config setting so we can override. I bet people would also like port #.
    thanks

    todd-crowder
    Participant
    2 years, 4 months ago in reply to: Dev setup for WpSolr Enterprise? #44842

    Thanks very much. Yes, all the domains are for dev only and will have dev in the site domain.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)