Wrong display for WooCommerce search results

• pseudo visitor
    Participant
    5 years, 6 months ago #7012

We have installed a blank copy of WordPress and installed the bare minimum plugins to test if WPSOLR Pro will work for us.

We installer WooCommerce, WPSOLR Pro and WP All Import to import some products. With that out of the way, I cannot get WPSOLR to work properly.

If I turn on the WooCommerce Extension options “Use WC to filter search results” and “Replace WooCommerce category and shop search with WPSOLR” then on the shop page we only get facets on the left sidebar and no products shown in the page.

If I turn off those woo commerce settings in WPSOLR then we get products shown in the page but they do not filter down. Only in the side bar. However, the results in the side bar do not seem to be filtering down properly.
    For example if I search for “Ford Fiesta”, it will show up in the filtered results but only on the second and third pages of the search results.

Hopefully you can assist or at least help me give a better description of the issue. It just seems very inconsistent and not making sense based on the settings we have setup in the WPSOLR back end.

wpsolr
    Keymaster
    5 years, 6 months ago #7013

I suspect you used the option to deactivate WPSOLR front-end css files.

pseudo visitor
    Participant
    5 years, 6 months ago #7014

So to that point, I have tried with that setting turned on & off.

Once you mentioned it, I unchecked that box and moved the solr_search shortcode to the page description box so it moves the SOLR search results to center page.

However, If I turn on the “WooCommerce” options in the extension settings, then I get a sidebar list of facets & a center page list of facets and results. Either option ON/OFF never replaces the WooCommerce category itself. It just drops the WooCommerce product category to the bottom of the Solr facets/results. See screen shots.

wpsolr
    Keymaster
    5 years, 6 months ago #7015

You don’t have to use the shortcode. WPSOLR will use your theme’s search template if the option is selected in 2.1

See a full tutorial:

Video – WPSOLR PRO + WooCommerce + Storefront + Elasticsearch

pseudo visitor
    Participant
    5 years, 6 months ago #7016

Alright, thank you for that.

So I removed the shortcode.

Now, If I Use the woo commerce extension settings mentioned earlier, I go to the “Shop” page and am presented with a list of facets in the sidebar and the WooCommerce category in the center of the page.

If I go into the category then it says there are no products to display.

If I turn OFF the woo commerce extension settings mentioned earlier then I get no facets and only the category and no facets inside or outside of the category.

wpsolr
    Keymaster
    5 years, 6 months ago #7017

Try WooCommerce extension activated, and WPSOLR front-end css authorised.

pseudo visitor
    Participant
    5 years, 6 months ago #7018

Fine. Attached are verification screenshots of how the settings are now set, per your instruction.

wpsolr
    Keymaster
    5 years, 6 months ago #7019

Looks correct.

pseudo visitor
    Participant
    5 years, 6 months ago #7020

As stated though, the facets show up on the “Shop” page and when you drill down on a particular product, in the example shown below, you’ll see that it displays no results.

If I then go into the category, no facets or products period.

wpsolr
    Keymaster
    5 years, 6 months ago #7021

Can I see your screen 2.2 ?

I suspect you indexed your data without the WooCommerce extension activated. Try to reindex everything.

wpsolr
    Keymaster
    5 years, 6 months ago #7022

Just activate the WPSOLR “Theme” extension, and set up some advanced filter layouts (slider, select2) in screen 2.4. I also set up the sorts.

Remember to use a new index for each environment.

wpsolr
    Keymaster
    5 years, 6 months ago #7024

1. Your theme search template is responsible for showing results. Just update it to hide results when certain parameters are present/absent in the url.

Or use our filter https://www.wpsolr.com/guide/actions-and-filters/search-results-modify-posts/

2. Check out our tutorial: https://www.wpsolr.com/knowledgebase/woocommerce-pack-can-add-sort-items-default/

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.