WP Solr not respecting Toolset views filters

• wowmatt
    Participant
    3 years, 5 months ago #22462

Hi

Since activating WP Solr my Toolset views don’t work as they should, its like all the filter options and settings are ignored:

– Results are not based on my Toolset filters, e.g post type filters, custom filters based on custom fields set within a Toolset view.
    – Show too many results, not the amount set in Tooslet views.

How can I fix this? Is there a setting to resolve this or is this a bug?

As soon as I deactivate the plugin my Toolset views filters etc work again.

Thanks

wpsolr
    Keymaster
    3 years, 5 months ago #22464

Is it a Toolset search archive?

wowmatt
    Participant
    3 years, 5 months ago #22465

Hey

No it is effecting all views. Archives appear to be working ok though.
    Right now can’t keep the plugin enabled as it breaks every Toolset view.

If its a huge issue you could disable it making any changes on views and work just on archives? It doesn’t need to work on views.

Is there an option where I can set it just to work on archives and not views?

Matt

wowmatt
    Participant
    3 years, 5 months ago #22466

Just to follow up on my last message, I don’t actually think its working on archives at all, which is why they are working fine in Toolset. Is there a way to check if the results are being powered by WP Solr? I am pretty sure they are not though.

wpsolr
    Keymaster
    wpsolr
    Keymaster
    3 years, 5 months ago #22470

Can you also check for errors in debug.log ?

wowmatt
    Participant
    3 years, 5 months ago #22471

Hey,

I did follow this guide but for “3) Select the archive types to speed up” I left this as just “search” but in hindsight I guess this was wrong, but CPTs are not showing here? Maybe I need to enable “Post types” as this is an option?

In regards to the views issues – I enabled debug in wp-config and this error started showing up on the actual pages where views are:
    Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /home/stagingwowtrk/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wpsolr-pro/wpsolr/core/classes/extensions/suggestions/class-wpsolr-option-suggestions.php on line 168

wpsolr
    Keymaster
    wowmatt
    Participant
    3 years, 5 months ago #22486

Thanks for this I have installed this version.

It seems like the queries of them are now working correctly but the limits set in the Toolset views are not being listened to.

Big improvement but still a huge issue that the result limits are being ignored.

With the Toolset archives, how can I tell if its being powered by WP Solr? I don’t have that many records yet so wasn’t that slow before (will have a lof of records in the next 1-2 weeks).

Cheers

wpsolr
    Keymaster
    3 years, 5 months ago #22487

but the limits set in the Toolset views are not being listened to

What are these “limits”?

how can I tell if its being powered by WP Solr

In screen 2.1, you can activate the Elasticsearch debug mode. You’ll see the queries in your debug.log.
    You can also delete your index content, check that results are empty, then re-index.

wowmatt
    Participant
    3 years, 5 months ago #22491

Hey,

So most views have an option to limit the results, see the screenshot below. We use this on most of our views. Also the query filter set in Toolset views is also not being respected even on the new version:
    null

The initial content selection does now work though with this new version but limits and query filter does not.

Regarding checking if the search is being powered through WP Solr, I could not see any debug option in 2.1, I looked through all 2 options but couldn’t see anything? I did delete all the index though and the results were not empty for archives (they were for views), so seems like they are only working on views. To be honest if we can get it working correctly on one or the other (archives or views) I will be happy.

Right now though:
    1) Archives are not being powered by WP Solr
    2) Views limits and queries are not being respected.

Let me know what we can do.
    Cheers

wpsolr
    Keymaster
    3 years, 4 months ago #22492

What is your version of Toolset Views?

wowmatt
    Participant
    3 years, 4 months ago #22493

Hey

I am using version 3.2.2.1

Thanks
    Matt

wpsolr
    Keymaster
    3 years, 4 months ago #22496

I’m still investigating…

wowmatt
    Participant
    3 years, 4 months ago #22497

Ok thanks for the update, please keep me posted.

Matt

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 39 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.