Replace front-end archives causing issues with custom taxonomies

Tagged:
  • danmaby
    Participant
    1 year, 3 months ago #31542

Hi, I have an issue with the setting Replace front-end archives within 2.1 in the settings. The site has Algolia connected and content indexed.

This screencast gives a quick overview of my issue: https://capture.dropbox.com/qm1bDNQCVmBMGYH8.

How can I display the filters on the custom taxonomy and the post content within the Categories Archive? I also had this issue when the Catagories were not indexed within Algolia. I do not need the standard Catagories to be indexed within Algolia, nor do I need to filter them anywhere on the site.

wpsolr
    Keymaster
    1 year, 3 months ago #31543

What I understand from the video: your custom posts and custom taxonomy terms are fine, but the post category terms in the blog are not.

On screen 2.2 you select either post types (that appear in search or suggestions, their terms will only be used as facets), or taxonomies (that appear in suggestions only).

What you want is to search posts with their categories as facets: for that you need to index posts on screen 2.2 (and their related taxonomies and custom fields in subselections).

wpsolr
    Keymaster
    1 year, 3 months ago #31544

(your blog needs also to be the posts archive for WPSOLR to be able to replace its query and fill the facets)

danmaby
    Participant
    1 year, 3 months ago #31545

your custom posts and custom taxonomy terms are fine, but the post category terms in the blog are not.

Yes, the custom post type and associated custom terms are functioning as expected. The blog archive is also functioning correctly. It’s only the default category archive I have an issue with.

I do not want to replace the blog archive, the default category archive, or even have the plugin touch either of these. I want the default blog and category archive to display without any form of facet/search applied via the WPSOLR plugin.

I have taken your advice and now only have the custom post type selected in settings 2.2, but I still have the issue of the category archive being returned with no content.

wpsolr
    Keymaster
    1 year, 3 months ago #31546

If you selected the post type “post” on screen 2.1, with its cf and taxonomies, indexed your posts, it should be fine.

Did you index your posts?

danmaby
    Participant
    1 year, 3 months ago #31547

I have just run into an issue trying to index the posts. It’s returning a parser error, as shown here: https://capture.dropbox.com/N6BgHqtoDsAW3PAR.

If the "Posts excl"... is not valid JSON relates to “excluded posts”, I do not have any excluded.

wpsolr
    Keymaster
    1 year, 3 months ago #31548

Restart indexing with batch size “1” until it fails. Then start again to only see the error post in the debug. It should be more interesting.

danmaby
    Participant
    1 year, 3 months ago #31554

It was a 10,000-word post causing an issue with Algolia. Now the posts are indexed, the category archives display content as needed. Thank you for your assistance with this.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.