PHP Fatal error: Uncaught TypeError

• mjsuhonos
    Participant
    4 years, 6 months ago #14309

Just upgraded to 21.6 on two sites, both are getting the same error from the “#. Send your data” page (and whenever I try to do a search using the plugin):

An error or timeout occured.
    Error code: error
    Error message: Internal Server Error
    The site is experiencing technical difficulties.

— or sometimes —

The site is experiencing technical difficulties. Please check your site admin email inbox for instructions.

When I look at /var/log/apache/error.php I see:

[Mon Sep 23 15:58:08.678793 2019] [:error] [pid 18540] [client 141.117.7.199:56739] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught TypeError: Return value of Elasticsearch\\ClientBuilder::buildLoggers() must be an instance of Elasticsearch\\void, none returned in /var/www/html/wp-content/plugins/wpsolr-pro/wpsolr/core/vendor/elasticsearch/elasticsearch/src/Elasticsearch/ClientBuilder.php:582\nStack trace:\n#0 /var/www/html/wp-content/plugins/wpsolr-pro/wpsolr/core/vendor/elasticsearch/elasticsearch/src/Elasticsearch/ClientBuilder.php(474): Elasticsearch\\ClientBuilder->buildLoggers()\n#1 /var/www/html/wp-content/plugins/wpsolr-pro/wpsolr/core/classes/engines/elasticsearch_php/class-wpsolr-elasticsearchclient.php(200): Elasticsearch\\ClientBuilder->build()\n#2 /var/www/html/wp-content/plugins/wpsolr-pro/wpsolr/core/classes/engines/class-wpsolr-abstractindexclient.php(157): wpsolr\\core\\classes\\engines\\elasticsearch_php\\WPSOLR_IndexElasticsearchClient->create_search_engine_client(Array)\n#3 /var/www/html/wp-content/plugins/wpsolr-pro/wpsolr/core/classes/engines/class-wpsolr-abstractindexclient.php(125): wpsolr\\core\\classes\\engines\\WPSOLR_Ab in /var/www/html/wp-content/plugins/wpsolr-pro/wpsolr/core/vendor/elasticsearch/elasticsearch/src/Elasticsearch/ClientBuilder.php on line 582

I am using Elastic SaaS and can access the endpoints fine using cURL, so this is not a network issue. Both sites are running PHP v7.0.33, all packages have been updated and otherwise work fine.

Thanks in advance for any help.

wpsolr
    Keymaster
    4 years, 6 months ago #14311

The 21.6 release requires PHP 7.1, at least. Check out: https://www.wpsolr.com/forums/topic/release-21-6/

mjsuhonos
    Participant
    4 years, 6 months ago #14312

Wow, that must be the fastest response ever!

First line in the release notes; arg, I can’t believe I missed that. I’m so sorry.

Thanks again.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.