Cannot search text containing special characters

• euwid_burkhard
    Participant
    5 years, 5 months ago #7973

Hi,

the problem is that I cannot search for special characters from our home page. Because our website is mainly german this is a problem since our language often contains the special characters: ä ö ü ß and Ä Ö Ü. WPSOLR seems to parse special characters there. For example also commata are getting parsed: , will become %2C. We’re using the Pro Version of WPSOLR.

Following screenshot shows the result for the search “, ä ö ü ß Ä Ö Ü”: Image NGMk62r.png of Cannot search text containing special characters

The website is https://www.euwid-energie.de where you could check the bug and HTML code for yourself if you need to.

My question would be if this is a WPSOLR issue / bug or if this comes from our theme. I tried to find the issue but couldn’t find anything and wanted to ask here before I search further.

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,
    Vincent Burkhard – EUWID

wpsolr
    Keymaster
    5 years, 5 months ago #7975

Hi,

I’d say it comes from your theme. Can you just deactivate WPSOLR completely, and see what happens?

euwid_burkhard
    Participant
    5 years, 5 months ago #8320

Hi,

thanks for your insight. Indeed deactivating WPSOLR shows that it seems to come from the theme. Thanks for you insight.

Best regards,
    Vincent Burkhard – EUWID

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.