Bug: No indexing possible with 22.1, even with the fix

• euwid_burkhard
    Participant
    2 years, 7 months ago #27727

Hi,
    we’re using WPSOLR Pro 22.1 on our site together with a hosted Apache SOLR 8 server. Unfortunately we can’t index anymore after updating from 22.0 to 22.1. We get the error
    Solr HTTP error: OK (400) { "responseHeader":{ "status":400, "QTime":1}, "error":{ "metadata":[ "error-class","org.apache.solr.common.SolrException", "root-error-class","java.lang.NumberFormatException"], "msg":"ERROR: [doc=43258] Error adding field 'displaymodified_dt_i'='1295448180000' msg=For input string: \"1295448180000\"", "code":400}} on most, but weirdly not all, of our posts.

We already tried https://www.wpsolr.com/forums/topic/indexing-return-error/. So we completly emptied the index and reset the schema.xml to default together with our hoster. We also removed the server from the WordPress backend completly and reconfigured it. After that we changed <dynamicField name="*_i" type="pint" indexed="true" stored="true"/> in the schema.xml to <dynamicField name="*_i" type="plong" indexed="true" stored="true"/>. Still the same issue. With 22.0 everything works fine.

Any idea what could be the problem? Thanks in advance.

wpsolr
    Keymaster
    2 years, 7 months ago #27730

<dynamicField name="*_i" type="plong" indexed="true" stored="true"/>

Did you mean “long” instead of “plong” : <dynamicField name="*_i" type="long" indexed="true" stored="true"/> ?

wpsolr
    Keymaster
    2 years, 7 months ago #27731

The simplest is to create a new index from WPSOLR’s admin. The new schema will be installed automatically.

euwid_burkhard
    Participant
    2 years, 7 months ago #27738

Hi,
    we already tried to create a new index via “Configure another index” multiple times with different names in the “WPSOLR index name” field. Same error while trying to index everytime.

I meant “plong”. We will try changing it to “long” as well.

Is there a complete schema.xml file we can use (and send to our hoster)? Can we use one of the schema.xml files from the plugin directory?

Thanks in advance.

wpsolr
    Keymaster
    2 years, 7 months ago #27739

Did you change also the /solr/xxxx path name in the new WPSOLR’s index screen?

You can find the file in the plugin’s folder:
    /wpsolr/core/classes/engines/solarium/admin/conf/5.0

euwid_burkhard
    Participant
    2 years, 7 months ago #27740

Hi again, extra info to my last response: Our hoster said they changed the value in the schema.xml file from “plong” to “long” now. Still the same issue.

I deleted every index in the WPSOLR backend and configured a new index with a newer used WPSOLR index name. It was possible to index 140 posts with an increment of 10. After that the same error as before.

euwid_burkhard
    Participant
    2 years, 7 months ago #27741

No, until now we used the path we get from our hoster (/solr/euwid8_de)

euwid_burkhard
    Participant
    2 years, 7 months ago #27742

Just tried to change the path. Seems to be not possible for us. We get an “Forbidden” error.

wpsolr
    Keymaster
    2 years, 7 months ago #27743

Can you delete your index from WPSOLR?

Was the index created by your hosting before you create it in WPSOLR?

euwid_burkhard
    Participant
    2 years, 7 months ago #27744

Hi,
    unfortunatly we can’t the index from within WPSOLR. The index is already created by our hosting. I just asked our hoster for a new index. We now got a different path but even with this fresh index the error still persists. I was able to send the first 100~ posts to the index, after that the same error from my initial forum post.

wpsolr
    Keymaster
    euwid_burkhard
    Participant
    2 years, 7 months ago #27746

Hi again,
    I sent the archive with the config files from /wpsolr/core/classes/engines/redisearch_php/admin/conf/5.0/wpsolr-v5.zip to our hoster. I will write here again as soon as I know if it worked.

euwid_burkhard
    Participant
    2 years, 6 months ago #27839

Hi again,
    unfortunatly it’s still not working. Our hoster “Exigo” is still listed on your website as a hoster: https://www.wpsolr.com/de/guide/configuration-step-by-step-schematic/apache-solr-hosting/

Maybe you could get into contact with them about this problem?

For now we decided to not update anymore and stay on Version 22.0.

wpsolr
    Keymaster
    2 years, 6 months ago #27840

You can also use one of the supported Solr hosting providers. Exigo is mentioned “no tested” in our documentation.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.