Algolia searches are not being recorded

Tagged:
  • mcl7
    Participant
    3 years, 5 months ago #22755

Within the analytics section of Algolia, there is a report that lists the actual queries that people typed into your search. Not sure why but all searches (actually, it doesn’t look like all of them) are being recorded as “<empty_search” instead of the actual keyword/query.

wpsolr
    Keymaster
    3 years, 5 months ago #22758

Please send here a screenshot of the issue.

You can also now debug Algolia queries inside WPSOLR on the beta release https://trello.com/c/DSZAgYDL/112-beta-release:

– Debug Algolia queries in debug.log (Debug option in screen 2.1)
    – Debug Algolia queries in the Query Monitor plugin: https://www.wpsolr.com/guide/configuration-step-by-step-schematic/activate-extensions/query-monitor-add-on/

mcl7
    Participant
    3 years, 5 months ago #22763

Do I need to uninstall and reinstall this or can I just copy this over the current install?

mcl7
    Participant
    3 years, 5 months ago #22766
    wpsolr
    Keymaster
    3 years, 5 months ago #22769

(Screenshot missing)

mcl7
    Participant
    3 years, 5 months ago #22771
    wpsolr
    Keymaster
    3 years, 5 months ago #22774

(Screenshot missing)

mcl7
    Participant
    3 years, 5 months ago #22775

here is the file that shows that queries are not being recorded in Algolia:
    https://gofile.io/d/HEWdcO

wpsolr
    Keymaster
    3 years, 5 months ago #22777

Thanks.

Did you debug Algolia queries as mentioned above?

mcl7
    Participant
    3 years, 5 months ago #22781

I enabled the debug and have been doing some searches but not seeing anything (no errors). What exactly should I be looking for?

wpsolr
    Keymaster
    3 years, 5 months ago #22783

The debug mode displays all queries. You should see the query terms sent to Algolia.
    You should see the same queries in Algolia’s index log, or in Algolia’s analytics.

mcl7
    Participant
    3 years, 5 months ago #22788

Yeah, I see the queries but can’t really say if something is out of the oridinary:

Here is the beginning of the most recent log:

client IPADDRESS] WPSOLR Log query =>\nUrl: “/?s=banana&post_type=product”\nIndex: “test_index”\nNb results shown: 30\nTotal nb results: 114\nSpeed: 982 ms \nQuery: [\n {\n “query”: “banana~1”,\n “offset”: 0,\n “length”: 30,\n “maxValuesPerFacet”: 20,\n “attributesToHighlight”: [\n “title:100”,\n “content:100”,\n “comments:100″\n ],\n “highlightPreTag”: “<b>”,\n “highlightPostTag”: “<\\/b>”,\n “attributesToRetrieve”: [\n “id”,\n “PID”,\n “type”,\n “meta_type_s”,\n “title”,\n “numcomments”,\n “comments”,\n “displaydate”,\n

..Let me know if you need to know more.

wpsolr
    Keymaster
    3 years, 5 months ago #22789

“query”: “banana~1”

If you activated “fuzzy search” in screen 2.1, deactivate it.

mcl7
    Participant
    3 years, 4 months ago #22821

I disabled fuzzy search and still all searches are being recorded in Algolia as <empty search>. Anything else I can try?

wpsolr
    Keymaster
    3 years, 4 months ago #22827

WPSOLR creates one main Algolia index, but also “duplicates” for each sort you use with WPSOLR (Algolia needs to create one duplicate for each sort).

Can you check the stats for the main index created in Algolia?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.