WPSOLR Commerce is WPSOLR on steroids.
Both plugins are using Apache Solr, but the comparison ends here.
WPSOLR is monolithic, when WPSOLR Commerce is component based.
WPSOLR manages a search page as a monolithic block, when WPSOLR Commerce’s components can cooperate in thousands of ways to build hundreds of searches.
WPSOLR Commerce features
– Build your own search components, and deploy them anywhere with shortcodes or widgets.
– Reuse components by assembling them in different ways.
– Past search components inside your post texts, to build interactive lists where you need. For instance, create lists for some categories, post types, custom fields, taxonomies, or a mix of all that.
– Add several searches to a page. A list of categories, a list of products in promotion, a list of products within a range of prices.
– Configure a component to refresh “live” (Ajax) other components on the same page.
– Define and reuse several Solr schemas across several Solr indexes. For instance, for each language, your products could be indexed with a different set of attributes.
– Use a same spot to show different components, depending on their urls. For instance, on all categories, but one, show a list of products.
– Filter components content, based on some context. For instance, on your products detailed page, show a list of products filtered by the current category.
– Configure your facets components as you like: regular range, custom range, min-max (slider), checkbox, radio box, list box, multi-value list box, geolocation.
WPSOLR Commerce availability
Work in progress. Contact us if you’re curious, or want to know if your requirements fit the plugin capabilities.