Can I Merge Products & Services Filter data into Sector Taxonomy Filter

• 1 year, 9 months ago #30224

We have a requirement like we need to show Products & Services filter data along with Sectors filter. Is that Possible to do that and how can we achieve this?

I have gone through the below Topics but I was little bit confused. Can you help me on understanding this?

Building a custom facet from an ACF post type relationship

wpsolr
    Keymaster
    1 year, 9 months ago #30225

You can just create and fill your new custom fields and taxonomies outside of WPSOLR (manually, with a plugin, or with custom code in a cron). Then WPSOLR will manage them as facets out of the box.

1 year, 9 months ago #30228

If I understand correctly, we need to combine those 2 taxonomies outside of the plugin, then we need to create that as custom field or another custom taxonomy? Please correct me if I’m wrong.

wpsolr
    Keymaster
    1 year, 9 months ago #30229

This is correct.

1 year, 9 months ago #30230

Thanks for the clarification. So there is no way to combine or merge taxonomies/custom fields within the plugin with our wpsolr filters or hooks?

wpsolr
    Keymaster
    1 year, 9 months ago #30231

You can do pretty much anything with WPSOLR hooks. But it requires coding as mentioned at

https://www.wpsolr.com/forums/topic/building-a-custom-facet-from-an-acf-post-type-relationship/

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.