Demo time !
– Vespa deployment is fully managed from WPSOLR’ dashboard, thanks to Vespa’s REST APis. No need of using the Vespa’s cli anymore, but you still can of course.
– Changing settings (adding product attributes to index, changing ranking …) triggers a chain of events: create a Vespa session, download the index’s schema sd and services.xml, update both files (adding or removing an index in services.xml for instance), and upload both with the replace and deploy API.
– This demo show facets, filters, and suggestions, with keyword search. Sorting is not operational, yet.
– Vespa.ai is installed on a Google Cloud Kubernetes cluster.
– More demos with Vespa.ai‘s vector/hybrid/reranked search will follow soon…